Long work hours, strict deadlines, unrealistic targets, bad boss, lack of interest in work, etc. What makes you hate your job? Most of us have experienced work stress at some point during working life. When you face some stressful situation at work, your body releases a hormone called cortisol that makes you alert and perform better. However, when you are constantly under mental stress, it no longer helps you to perform better. Too much stress at work can affect your mental health and also show some unwanted physical problems.
Surveys suggest that too much mental stress is associated with health problems such as pain, fatigue, sleep, anxiety, etc. In fact, some recent research reveals that work stress is more harmful than some chronic illness such as diabetes, or Alzheimer’s disease. Long working hours, pressure from superiors, inability to understand work, demand for results, etc. seem like some common causes that can increase your stress levels. However apart from these seemingly common causes, researchers have identified that factors such as lack of health insurance, possibility of lay offs, unfair management, etc. can also put employees under stress.
Watching movie, having coffee, smoking, etc. are some of the easiest and quick way to get rid of stress. However, these only reduce your stress temporarily and can be unhealthy too. Scientists suggest that people who consume more than 4 cups of coffee in a day are at higher risk of suffering from heart diseases. Smoking gives your stress relief merely due to psychological reasons. Cigarette contains a chemical called tar, which is known to increase stress level. If you wish to have a stress-free life, you need to manage you stress through some healthy ways. Exercise, yoga, meditation are some of the best ways to calm down your stressful mind. Massage therapy is another proven and effective way to manage mental stress. The best part is massage therapies such as Swedish Massage, Thai Massage, Aromatherapy Massage can also manage some of the physical problems triggered by stress.
This infographic explains how widespread is the work stress and some healthy ways to manage your stress. It is important to note that both the employee and employer play a role in stress management at work places. The info graphic clearly explains some simple tips that can be followed to have a health and stress-free work environment.
1. Techno Stress: A New Bug That is Eating up Your Peace of Mind. http://www.thefourfountainsspa.in/techno-stress-a-new-bug-that-is-eating-up-your-peace-of-mind
2. High Stress Jobs Can Actually End With Brain Stroke, Suggests New Research. http://www.thefourfountainsspa.in/high-stress-jobs-can-actually-end-with-brain-stroke-suggests-new-research
3. 7 Workplace Stressors That Are Secretly Impairing Your Health. http://www.thefourfountainsspa.in/7-workplace-stressors-that-are-secretly-impairing-your-health
4. Four Culprits of Low Work Productivity You Should Not Ignore. http://www.thefourfountainsspa.in/four-culprits-of-low-work-productivity-you-should-not-ignore
Infographic credit to: thefourfountainsspa.in
Latest posts by Des (see all)
- Various Intolerances that Cause Inflammation and Belly Weight! - May 24, 2017
- These 6 Foods Must Be Eaten Daily for Better Health! - May 16, 2017
- Why Does Exercising Make Us Happier! - May 10, 2017